Introducing the bucket hat, just kidding, these hats have been around for years. One of my fondest memories of the bucket hat is growing up in the 90s hip hop era and seeing the likes of LL Cool J, Aaliyah and Lauryn Hill rocked these cool hats during their performances on stage.
Fast forward to today and the bucket hat image has had a revamp. It has been given a more modern design and we have witnessed the birth of the bucket hat for women. During Fashion Week for both Autumn/Winter 2018 and Spring/ Summer 2019 Designers styled this hat as part of more trendy chic looks and it was given the seal of approval by the fashion industry and celebrities.
STYLE ICON: RIHANNA
Rihanna has been wearing these hats for a minute now and it may be because she has the hook up, if you didn’t know her BFF Melissa Forde has a really cool hat line called M$$(Rihanna models one of her hats in the picture on the left). Rihanna does a great job of showing us how versatile the bucket hat really is. From trendy chic to street chic, there really is a different look for every mood and lifestyle.
So, the real question is, how do you wear the bucket hat in real, real life. Well, it’s easier than you think, i’ve listed some tips below to help:
- Wear a vibrant lipstick that compliments your bucket hat, it adds touch that much needed touch of femininity to your look.
- Wear your hair down and keep the style simple (curly, straight or braids, all will look great). If you have really short hair, I recommend wearing a fabulous pair of statement earrings to complete the look.
- If you opt for a textured bucket hat, wear it with different textures for the perfect contrast. If you opt for printed or logo bucket hand, keep your outfit simple to allow your hat to have centre stage, that is of course, unless you deliberately want to clash prints.
- Micro sunglasses and bucket hats are definitely about to have an autumn romance. The contrast of old-skool meets futuristic work so well together.
- Keep the neck and shoulder area simple no Tudor style ruffles, or oversized bows.
- Wear yours with a sweatshirt and jeans this autumn for a relaxed chic look.
- For a more trendy chic wear it with a trench coat, t-shirt, jeans and trainers.
- If you have a smart/casual event coming up, wear yours with leather pants, a polo neck top and your favourite relaxed blazer
- If you work in a relaxed office enviroment or the fashion industy why not wear yours with a relaxed tailoring trouser suit and trainers.
IN THESE STREETS
HIGH STREET HOT PICKS
There really are some great prints and fabrics out this season. Your favourite high street brands have designed bucket hats in some of the trending fabrics like leopard print, winter floral, patent leather and checked print. The great thing about versatility on the high street, is that you could buy one in every colour and print without breaking the bank.
Check out some of the latest bucket hats to hit the high street.
Please let me know your thoughts on this post and feel free to leave any styling dilemmas you have in the comments section below. P.S Don’t forget to share this post with your BFFs’.
In the meantime, if you’re uninspired by the clothes hanging in your wardrobe and want to update your style, if you have a big trip coming up and need help pulling together a capsule wardrobe or you simply require a personal shopper please get in touch. You can contact me by clicking here** to complete my new client questionnaire. Upon receipt of this, I will contact you to discuss how I can help you achieve your styling goals.
Photos source: Pinterest
All rights to the images in this post are reserved to the respective owners.